What is Happening?
The European Commission has recently drafted proposals for a revision of the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD). Under these proposals, electronic cigarettes will be classed as a medicine and will be reduced in strength significantly, resulting in restricted availability of products you use and limiting your ability to enjoy them freely.
What does medical classification mean for you?
- Many of the industry's best loved brands would have restricted availability to consumers.
- The products which many existing e-cigarette users own would become obsolete and be replaced with inferior products within the European Union.
- Millions of smokers would turn back to tobacco cigarettes, effectively allowing up to 5 million people to die from smoking related illness in the coming years.
What do the experts say?
“If all the smokers in Britain stopped smoking cigarettes and started smoking e-cigarettes we would save 5 million deaths in people who are alive today. It’s a massive potential public health prize.” Professor John Britton, CBE
“It is very safe relative to cigarettes, and also safe in absolute terms on all measurements we have applied.” Dr Murray Laugesen*
*For a collation of the scientific research relating to electronic cigarettes, please visit www.ecita.org.uk
We need your help to save the electronic cigarette
Here are three easy steps to getting behind our campaign:
- Contact your local MEP – Member of European Parliament.
- Explain your success story with e-cigarettes and that they should not be included in the new tobacco directive or classified as a medicine.
- Tell your friends and family to contact their MEP through SKYCIG in support of our campaign also.
Click the button below to contact your local MEP – it will only take a few minutes to complete and will make a massive difference.
Your message will be sent by SKYCIG on behalf of all of our customers, and will truly make a difference to finding a balanced and fair solution to regulation of e-cigarettes within the UK and across Europe.
Non e-cigarette users – you are also more than welcome to contact your MEP about the subject. Do you have or family member of someone who has had a life changing experience with e-cigarettes? Please support our campaign also.
If we can get as many people as possible behind the campaign, it will be impossible for the politicians in Brussels to ignore us.